books! yeah! and! movies!

from albuquerque to nairobi,books are being read,movies are being watched. Debby and Amanda write about this. Debby - Mennonite Central Committe in Kenya; expertise: library books // Amanda - wearing glasses in Albuquerque; expertise: all things watchable

Saturday, February 23, 2008

(Amanda)
I'm still netflix-slogging my way through Gilmore Girls. I'd heard that it sorta lost people towards the end and, dammit, it's loosing me. I'm gonna stick with it ~ I have 1 1/2 seasons left (6 and 7), and I obviously want to see what happens with all the characters, and I still get excited when I get new disks, and I still get excited when they reference Super Furry Animals or Buffy, BUT ...
I DON'T LIKE RORY. And I think the show assumes that you like Rory. She's turned into a mega-bitch. I think I'm suffering the Ugly Betty syndrome. I watched Ugly Betty for most of the first season and, dammit, even though I grew to like some of the sub-characters and plots, I just hated hated hated Betty. And it made it really hard to watch, knowing the the show liked her.
Also ~ Gilmore Girls is too wrapped up in rich people for me. It's just not fun to watch lots of wealth if there's no normal people to counter it all. For a while there were the rich grandparents and a bunch of normal people. But the show keeps veering towards the wealthy AND Rory is obnoxious AND I still support the show and think it's GOOD, but I'll be excited when I'm finished with it and I can move onto season two of Big Love ~ a freakin' brilliant show with no flaws that need forgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home