books! yeah! and! movies!

from albuquerque to nairobi,books are being read,movies are being watched. Debby and Amanda write about this. Debby - Mennonite Central Committe in Kenya; expertise: library books // Amanda - wearing glasses in Albuquerque; expertise: all things watchable

Thursday, May 22, 2008

(Amanda)
Speaking of drinking games... ~ Once I played Cups with a bunch of people ~ they were all drinking wine and beer, I was drinking water. I drank so much water that I got to a point where I was over-hydrated and started FAKING my water sippage.

There have been some great season finales recently. I've followed Desperate Housewives through their first season of greatness, their second and third season of not-very-goodness, and now, season 4, has turned out to be pretty baddass. The finale was quite wonderful all the way through. I got choked up, I got scared, I laughed, and I did whatever else one does when one watches a show that one really really likes. THEN they caught me completely by surprise (because I hadn't seen any spoiler promos) and had a 'Five Years Later' montage. It was AMAZING. Each main character was shown in the future and, oh lordly, pure amazingness all around. I can't wait to see if the show continues from the present and we get to find out how they get to their unpredictable futures ~ or will it take off from the completely re-shaped future? It was almost Lost-like in it's narrative table-turnage.

LOST ~ the last 2 hours air in a week. The first hour of the three hour finale was last week and it was mind blowing. I wept. I almost hyperventillated. I grabbed various legs and arms of those seated around me. I probably shrieked a lot. We all did. That show ~ I won't even begin to get into its genius or I'll start flipping out right here, right now.

The Office ~ everyone expected/demanded a Jim/Pam engagement but, nope. Their season story ended mildly. This was very brilliant ~ nice work, Office-making people. That fantastic couple is doing really well, have always talked as if it is permanent, so it's not like an official engagement will really change anything. I mean, more talk about invitations and colors, I suppose, but that's not all that excited. Anyway ~ a great finale with much unexpectedness.

30 Rock ~ probably the funniest show on TV. Ended as the funniest show on TV should ~ with extreme funniness.

Solid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home