books! yeah! and! movies!

from albuquerque to nairobi,books are being read,movies are being watched. Debby and Amanda write about this. Debby - Mennonite Central Committe in Kenya; expertise: library books // Amanda - wearing glasses in Albuquerque; expertise: all things watchable

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

(Amanda)
When the thousands of blog fans bombard me with complaints about my lack of posts, what can I do but placate them with another pithy yet oddly life-changing entry. Just kidding ~ but when one co-blogger bombards me with a 'post, dammit!' e-mail, well, I blog.

Um ... if you want to see one of the most adorable male-friendships ever caught on film, I'd highly recommend the immensely popular 'Superbad'. My favorite comedic kid, Michael Cera (one of many geniuses that made up Arrested Development) and another deadpan genius, Jonah Hill, play two high schoolers who really want to get laid but, truthfully, are just trying to distract themselves from the fact that soon they will graduate and be forced to split up. I have this fascination with the male-best-friends dynamic. Recently I heard that when my brother left after visiting Paul, a best friend since elementary school, Paul was SO choked up that Mark was gone he couldn't speak. I find that to be unbelievably beautiful. So, yeah, Superbad satiates my fascination with this hidden phenomenon of male best friends that truly love each other. Plus, the movie is FUNNY AS HELL. Every scene with either of the two leads is unbelievable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home