books! yeah! and! movies!

from albuquerque to nairobi,books are being read,movies are being watched. Debby and Amanda write about this. Debby - Mennonite Central Committe in Kenya; expertise: library books // Amanda - wearing glasses in Albuquerque; expertise: all things watchable

Monday, April 07, 2008

(Debby)

Apologies to Robert Louis Stevenson – the sequel to Kidnapped(!) is Catriona, not Katriona. I was looking for Treasure Island (alas, with no success), and I noticed that 1) I had made this misspelling in my previous posting, and 2) the library has at least a half dozen copies of Catriona. Did some secondary school require Catriona, a story that primarily concerns itself with Scottish politics of the 1800s, as mandatory reading? Or did a series of libraries in the UK decide that, really, what the national public library of Kenya needed was more copies of Catriona?

Hey Hallie – I forgot about Flannery O’Connor. You are right! You are right! I LOVE her short stories. Amanda and I both took a course from Todd Davis on Flannery O’Connor and Kurt Vonnegut our first year at Goshen. The perfect pairing of authors!

Hey Amanda - I totally support the use of NetFlix. Did you finish the Gilmore Girls? Final thoughts on fast-talking gals dealing with life and love in small East Coast town?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home