books! yeah! and! movies!

from albuquerque to nairobi,books are being read,movies are being watched. Debby and Amanda write about this. Debby - Mennonite Central Committe in Kenya; expertise: library books // Amanda - wearing glasses in Albuquerque; expertise: all things watchable

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

(Amanda)
I Netflixed Twin Peaks, though it would certainly be purchase-worthy. I'm underemployed at the moment so I'm just trying to get the most out of my netflix dollars rather than commit a much more dramatic sum to library expansion.

I did, however, subject my bank account to a recent flurry of amazon ordering. It was just a final splurge ~ there are a few things one must own. The recent acquisition list:

Labyrinth (I can't BELIEVE I didn't already have this...)
Labyrinth soundtrack
The Neverending Story (not a great movie, but it was a monster staple of my early years)
The Wire seasons 3 and 4. I haven't watched any yet, but when every respectable source on earth declares a show to be THE. BEST. SHOW. EVER. EVER. ~ I know I'll dig it.
Battlestar Galactica ~ all of the available seasons.

I'm in the middle of the Battlestar introductory mini series. I watched season one a while back but am re-watching it before I get to the new stuff. So good. I have shed many tears in the last three hours of BSGing.

I cannot BELIEVE I have gone so many years with a decent grasp of my mother tongue and never known what prodigal meant. Shocking.

Speaking of GRE studying ~ the word that I will always associate with GRE study guides is soporific. I think I've only ever heard it used once in real life but, by golly, I knew exactly what it meant.

Dance, magic, dance magic, dance!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

    Have you ever watched the TV show "Stella?" You MUST. You would love it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home