books! yeah! and! movies!

from albuquerque to nairobi,books are being read,movies are being watched. Debby and Amanda write about this. Debby - Mennonite Central Committe in Kenya; expertise: library books // Amanda - wearing glasses in Albuquerque; expertise: all things watchable

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

(Debby responding to Amanda)

Oh I am SO PLEASED that you are taking this Science Fiction film class. I just feel like chortling and rubbing my hands together, it pleases me so much.

So you watched Solaris? YEAH!! I agree - not as long as I had expected. A month or two ago I watched the newer George Clooney version, too. I was glad I'd seen it, although it still didn't have the emotional OOMF that the BBC radio play had. I want to find the novel all these movies are based on - um, it's called Solaris. Written by a Polish dude. Stanislaw Lem? Lev? Something like that.

I really, really, REALLY hope that it is Jeremy Davies you are talking about as being in Season 4 of Lost. I LOVED his character in Solaris - a great change from the older movie. OH LOST SEASON 4 WHY OH WHY ARE YOU OUT OF REACH FOR ME??? Is it Jeremy Davies? No, wait, don't tell me. ARGH!!

So now that I've realized that Eraserhead is NOT the movie with the guy with pins all over his head, I am more open to some day watching it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home