books! yeah! and! movies!

from albuquerque to nairobi,books are being read,movies are being watched. Debby and Amanda write about this. Debby - Mennonite Central Committe in Kenya; expertise: library books // Amanda - wearing glasses in Albuquerque; expertise: all things watchable

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

(Debby)
brief thoughts on some TV shows that have one word as their title

Heroes

I saw the first season near the end of last year. At first I was really into it, but I finished it more from inertia than any excitement. The only thing I have to say about it is that, for some reason, when I saw the first episode I got seriously freaked out by the Indian dude’s accent. I mean, it didn’t sound like anything I’ve ever thought of as an Indian accent. It’s a big country, yeah, but his accent was just so different . I got really upset that there was a whole range of Indian accents that I had never heard. Then Julia pointed out that it was probably just a made-up accent for the benefit of the American public. And I felt much better.

Lost

is AWESOME. I just got saw the 4th season. Holy moley, people. If you started to feel like the show was dragging a little bit, hang in there, because the 4th season just blows everything out of the water in a very, very good way.

Firefly

is still more awesomer than Lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home